Status: Winners announced!
Update #1: Midi pack available.
Update #2: New sponsor added to the comp: Synapse Audio.
Findremix has teamed up with Hyline Music to kick off a new top remix contest featuring the United Kingdom’s trance artist Kuffdam. Winners will get released on Hyline Music plus prizes by NUSofting, Sknote and Tek’it Audio.
Kuffdam has in recent years come to embody the future of trance with a string of hit productions and remixes. A favourite with the trance establishment worldwide and especially Paul van Dyk and his Vandit imprint. 2008 saw Kuffdam come of age coupling a groundbreaking album on Vandit with a world tour taking in the biggest and best clubs and events worldwide. In 2009 many exceptional singles followed, ‘The Last Time’ and ‘Break My Fall’ were both great examples of today’s modern trance sound. After taking the majority of 2010 off Kuffdam returned in February of 2011 with his ‘City Lights’ EP on Hyline Music which featured the vocals of Grant Paterson.
Kuffdam’s brand of energetic, driving trance was received to rave reviews once again and this turned out to be the perfect teaser for Kuffdam’s much rumoured new album ‘City Lights’ which is just hitting Beatport exclusive now. To help celebrate the long awaited and much anticipated new Kuffdam album, Hyline Music is offering you the chance to remix one of the tracks from it.
‘We Gotta Go (Again)’ is Kuffdam’s new collaboration with vocalist Grant Paterson and it’s one of the standout tracks from his new ‘City Lights’ album that is sure to be supported by the top trance DJs in the industry. Download the free ‘We Gotta Go (Again)’ stems and get started on remixing this big room trance monster in your own unique style.
Closing date for submissions is October 23rd 23:59:59 GMT+1 (Central European Time).
|Connect with Kuffdam||Connect with Hyline Music
(Hyline Music is a Beatport Exclusive Label)
Listen to the original mix:
How Do I Get Started?
Step 1: Write a comment on this page telling us that you are in!
Step 3: Create your remix.
Step 4: Submit your entry to our competition group on SoundCloud.com, here. The submission phase begin October 3rd 2011, make sure you don’t enable file download and track is public.
Send us your sounds
Check out this huge prize list!
- Your remix included on a future Hyline release
- Copy of Entity + three plugins of his choice by NUSofting
Copy of “Vintage” series: Roundtone, Presence, Verbtone, Necklace by Sknote
- Four plugins of his choice by Tek’it Audio
- Copy of Dune virtual synth by Synapse Audio
- Interview on Findremix.com
- Two plugins of his choice by NUSofting
- Two plugins of his choice by Tek’it Audio
Copy of “Reverb” bundle: Verbtone, Necklace by Sknote
- Copy of Hydra virtual synth by Synapse Audio
- One plugin of his choice by NUSofting
- One plugin of his choice by Tek’it Audio
- Copy of GTS-39 tube limiter by Sknote
Thanks to the sponsors!
Rules and Conditions:
- Download the remix parts from July 24th – October 23rd 2011. You can download the files here. Download midi pack here.
- Submit your remix to this competitions group at SoundCloud.com “http://soundcloud.com/groups/kuffdam-we-gotta-go-again-remix-contest” or click here. File submission is subject to SoundCloud.com terms. Submitting a track signals agreement with these terms and conditions. Please don’t enable file download and make sure track is public. Tracks which don’t follow these simple rules will be disqualified without noticing.
- The submission phase starts on October 3rd 2011 and ends on October 23rd 2011 23:59:59 GMT +1 (Central European Time).
- The Judging phase starts on October 24th 2011 and ends on October 31st 2011. However winners can be announced anytime.
- The winners will all be chosen by artist (Kuffdam) and label (Hyline Music) themselves. Winners will be posted on Findremix.com as well as various publications by some of the additional event sponsors.
- Any submissions using a sample that is ‘uncleared’ will be disqualified. The definition of an ‘uncleared’ sample is a loop, sample or musical work, that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you and/or royalty free loops. The submitting party bears all responsibility for their use of any ‘uncleared’ content.
- In consideration of FindRemix.com & label agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to FindRemix.com & label a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your entry worldwide and/or to incorporate your entry in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry. Prior to any release, winner will be required to sign a remix agreement and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. In the rare event that all of the submissions are deemed “sub-quality” FindRemix.com & label reserves the right to not include a winner y/or to not include the release on label prize. Please submit professional quality product for consideration.
- All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting records or remixes or is prohibited.
- Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- The competition is not open to employees or agencies of FindRemix or label.
- Information on winners can be obtained by contacting FindRemix at http://findremix.com/about/
- Upon request entrant will supply a stereo, 24 bit, WAV master file.
- None of the organizers or sponsors of this event, including but not limited to Findremix.com and label shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning any prize. They further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition.