Findremix and Sound Avenue have teamed up to launch a remix contest of Greek top producer dPen. His tracks enjoy, among others, the support of John Digweed Sasha, Hernan Cattaneo, Laurent Garnier, Nick Warren, Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren and Paul Van Dyk. His sound has something unique as he combines tech beats with a progressive feeling and hunting melodies. Every song is a small story that reflects feelings and emotions.
Sound Avenue is a relatively young Belgian label that was founded last summer by the guys behind Mitrinique & Yunta. In a short time they have built a solid reputation with releases & remixes from producers such as Sound Process, Nikko Z, Andy Arias, Martin Garcia, Liz Cirelli, Petar Dundov, Deepfunk and many others. Each release is supported by a lot of a-list DJs. SA wants to give the possibility to new unknown producers to have their remix on the upcoming dPen release!
Official sponsors for this competition are SoundCloud, Prime Loops, Sugar Bytes and Camel Audio.
Listen to the original mix:
How Do I Get Started?
Step 1: Write a comment on this page telling us that you are in!
Step 2: Download the (wav) samples on SoundCloud here.
Step 3: Create your remix.
Step 4: Submit your entry to our competition group on SoundCloud.com, here. The submission phase begins April 30th 2012, make sure you don’t enable file download and track is public.
Check out this huge prize list!
- Your remix featured on a forthcoming Sound Avenue release
- Four sample packs by Prime Loops
- Copy of Turnado by Sugar Bytes
- Premium SoundCloud Pro yearly account (worth 250€). Pro users access benefits such as advanced stats, unlimited downloads and 36 hours of audio in the cloud
- Single Alchemy Sound Bank of his choice by Camel Audio
Thanks to the sponsors!
Rules and Conditions:
- Download the remix parts here
- Submit your remix to this competitions group at SoundCloud.com “http://soundcloud.com/groups/dpen-vasanizome-remix-contest-group” or click here. File submission is subject to SoundCloud.com terms. Submitting a track signals agreement with these terms and conditions. Please don’t enable file download and make sure track is public. Tracks which don’t follow these simple rules will be disqualified without noticing.
- The submission phase begin April 30th 2012 and ends on May 14th, 2012 23:59:59 GMT +1 (Central European Time).
- The Judging phase starts just after submission phase ends. Winners will be announced within the next two weeks.
- The winners will all be chosen by artist (dPen) and label (Sound Avenue) themselves. Winners will be posted on Findremix.com as well as various publications by some of the additional event sponsors.
- Any submissions using a sample that is ‘uncleared’ will be disqualified. The definition of an ‘uncleared’ sample is a loop, sample or musical work, that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you and/or royalty free loops. The submitting party bears all responsibility for their use of any ‘uncleared’ content.
- In consideration of FindRemix.com & label agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to FindRemix.com & label a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your entry worldwide and/or to incorporate your entry in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry. Prior to any release, winner will be required to sign a remix agreement and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. In the rare event that all of the submissions are deemed “sub-quality” FindRemix.com & label reserves the right to not include a winner y/or to not include the release on label prize. Please submit professional quality product for consideration.
- All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting records or remixes or is prohibited.
- Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- The competition is not open to employees or agencies of FindRemix or label.
- Information on winners can be obtained by contacting FindRemix at http://findremix.com/about/
- Upon request entrant will supply a stereo, 24 bit, WAV master file.
- None of the organizers or sponsors of this event, including but not limited to Findremix.com and label shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning any prize. They further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition.