Status: Winners announced!
Findremix and Lowbit Records are teaming up for Lowbit’s first ever remix contest. We are giving you the opportunity to remix the force behind Lowbit Records – Bastards of Funk & Sonic Union – and one of their most successful tracks to date, ‘Glitter‘. The winner gets a digital release on Lowbit Records alongside star talent like Soundprank, Ben Coda, Steve Haines and Kobana and prizes by Rob Papen, MeldaProduction, Mellow Muse and Cytomic!
‘Glitter’ was originally released in 2009 and climbed quickly to the top charts on Beatport as well as being licensed to Global Underground and featured on their GU2009 compilation. Today ‘Glitter’ is still getting hundreds of plays online every week and we couldn’t think of a better track to use for this competition. Lowbit is looking for remixes in the tech house/progressive house/techno genres.
Closing date for submissions is September 4th 23:59:59 GMT+1 (Central European Time).
|Connect with Bastards of Funk & Sonic Union||Connect with Lowbit Records|
Listen to the original mix:
How Do I Get Started?
Step 1: Write a comment on this page telling us that you are in!
Step 3: Create your remix.
Step 4: Submit your entry to our competition group on SoundCloud.com, here. The submission phase begin August 15th 2011, make sure you don’t enable file download and track is public.
Send us your sounds
Check out this huge prize list!
- Your remix included on a future Lowbit release
- Two plugins of his choice by Rob Papen
- Copy of MTotalBundle by MeldaProduction (worth 599€)
- Copy of Vintage Series Bundle by Mellowmuse (worth ~200€)
- Copy of The Glue by Cytomic (worth ~70€)
- Interview on Findremix.com
- One plugin of his choice by Rob Papen
- Copy of MCreativeBundle by MeldaProduction (worth 169€)
- Copy of Series One Bundle by Mellowmuse (worth ~100€)
- Copy of RP-Delay by Rob Papen (worth 49€)
- Copy of MDrummer Large by MeldaProduction
Thanks to the sponsors!
Rules and Conditions:
- Download the remix parts from July 04th – September 4th 2011. You can download the files here
- Submit your remix to this competitions group at SoundCloud.com “http://soundcloud.com/groups/bastards-of-funk-sonic-union-glitter-remix-contest” or click here. File submission is subject to SoundCloud.com terms. Submitting a track signals agreement with these terms and conditions. Please don’t enable file download and make sure track is public. Tracks which don’t follow these simple rules will be disqualified without noticing.
- The submission phase August 15th 2011 and ends on September 4th 2011 23:59:59 GMT +1 (Central European Time).
- The Judging phase starts on September 5th 2011 and ends on September 15th 2011. However winners can be announced anytime.
- The winners will all be chosen by artists (Bastards of Funk & Sonic Union) and label (Lowbit) themselves. Winners will be posted on Findremix.com as well as various publications by some of the additional event sponsors.
- Any submissions using a sample that is ‘uncleared’ will be disqualified. The definition of an ‘uncleared’ sample is a loop, sample or musical work, that you do not own the copyright for (ie: you didn’t create it). You are free to use sounds that were created by you and/or royalty free loops. The submitting party bears all responsibility for their use of any ‘uncleared’ content.
- In consideration of FindRemix.com & label agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby assigns to FindRemix.com & label a perpetual, royalty-free, exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your entry worldwide and/or to incorporate your entry in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your entry. Prior to any release, winner will be required to sign a remix agreement and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release. In the rare event that all of the submissions are deemed “sub-quality” FindRemix.com & label reserves the right to not include a winner y/or to not include the release on label prize. Please submit professional quality product for consideration.
- All trademarks and logos are protected. All rights of the producer and the owner of the recorded work are reserved. Unauthorized copying, hiring, renting, public performance and broadcasting of the remix parts or resulting records or remixes or is prohibited.
- Your submission of a remix in this contest constitutes your agreement to these Rules.
- The competition is not open to employees or agencies of FindRemix or label.
- Information on winners can be obtained by contacting FindRemix at http://findremix.com/about/
- Upon request entrant will supply a stereo, 24 bit, WAV master file.
- None of the organizers or sponsors of this event, including but not limited to Findremix.com and label shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability, injury or upset caused to or suffered by you as a result of entering the competition or winning any prize. They further accept no liability for any damage caused to any person’s computer or other electronic device relating to or resulting from downloading any materials, including so called computer viruses, in connection with this competition.